A sudden powerful forward movement towards trauma-informed, neuroprotective care
- This unique results-oriented 2-day workshop includes an online staff perception survey and an onsite environment of care audit examining current perceptions, practices, and documentation requirements related to trauma-informed neurodevelopmentally appropriate care.
- Two 4-hour interactive learning sessions present the latest research on early life adversity, neurodevelopment, medical trauma, and trauma-informed, age-appropriate care. These sessions are scheduled for the afternoon of Day 1 and the morning of Day 2 to maximize staff participation, engagement and empowerment.
- Day 2 concludes with a strategy session with key stakeholders to review survey and audit data. This review informs and guides quality and practice improvement priorities.
- With the SURGE consultant, the team develops an evidence-based action plan to adopt and integrate best practices in trauma-informed neuroprotective care
Learn by Doing to Create ALWAYS EVENTS!
An ALWAYS EVENT is a clear, action-oriented, and pervasive practice or set of behaviors that:
Provides a foundation for trauma-informed, neurodevelopmentally appropriate care for newborns, infants, families and clinicians;
Ensures optimal infant-family experiences and improves outcomes;
Serves as a unifying force for ALL that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to person- and family-centered care; and
Adds meaning to the work of care team staff and healthcare organizations.
In this workshop you will learn...
- How to evaluate and measure your current level of trauma-informed, neurodevelopmentally appropriate care
- How to translate developmental science into clinical practice linked to specific measurable performance expectations
- How to use improvement methodology, specifically PDSA, and learn by doing and testing change
- How to lead from wherever you stand in your organization as an individual and as a team
- How to create transformation that touches lives and impacts lifetimes for patients, families and your entire team
Touching Lives, Impacting Lifetimes
Starts with a Choice
This workshop is for you if ...
- You and your team struggle with inconsistency with developmentally supportive care practices
- You are committed to quality and patient safety
- You know your team's mission here on earth is to positively impact the babies and families you serve at a whole new level
- You want to be recognized as a center of excellence in neonatal care
- You're ready to do the work and bring your team to its true potential
Schedule Your Transformation Call
Uncover your unique opportunities, strengths and challenges to create value-conscious care in your practice setting